– Instrumentation, alarm and NMEA multiplexor functionality from PolarCOM is now included in PolarView. PolarCOM has been retired. We thank PolarCOM for its faithful service!
– Bug fixes and general housekeeping
– Adds ActiveCaptain support. Shows ActiveCaptain POI on a chart and in the list. Adds display of ActiveCaptain POI object information and reviews. ActiveCaptain database is downloaded to local storage, to make POI info available offline, without need of permanent Internet connection.
– Adds vector chart object information. Query navaids, depths, obstructions and other chart features.
– Adds ability to “light up” sector lights to show nominal light coverage on a chart to scale.
– Adds “touch marker” to show position of tap on a chart. In navigation mode will show bearing and distance to touch marker from the ship.
– Various bug fixes.
Effective immediately, Polar Navy United Kingdom & Ireland charts are available as a digital download, using the same built in functionality that allows our users to download other charts from NOAA and ChartWorld.
No more waiting for that disk in the mail for a week. Your UK charts are now available instantly. Welcome to the 21st century 🙂
PolarView MX 1.0
– First release for iPhone/iPad
– Quilted raster and vector chart view
– NOAA raster and vector chart download
PolarView MX is now available as a free download for iPhone 4/4S and iPad 2/New. At this point it is a viewer for NOAA vector and raster charts. It provides a fully quilted seamless chart view for your enjoyment.
Here is a link to PolarView MX in App Store
More to come in due time – watch this space for announcements.
Check out this cool link: http://www.wunderground.com/beach-weather/ – make sure to select “Polar Navy” vector or raster charts from the drop-down box on a chart.
Do you want to build a web-based project for marine use? Need high quality tiles for the web based mapping service? Polar Navy can do it all.
We can now generate raster or vector tiles for the web based marine mapping services.
Take a look at a sample of Polar Navy charts here: http://www.wunderground.com/beach-weather
We can use S57 or BSB charts from NOAA and other sources. Inquire within for availability, pricing and other details by posting here. Replies will be screened, if requested.