The 1.3 release is available now. This release contains a number of major feature additions as well as numerous improvements and fixes for user-reported issues.
PolarView / PolarView NS
– AIS target display (rendered to scale), with heading and course, dangerous target marking
– AIS vessel list for direct search/information access
– Improved quality of raster chart rendering and scaling
– New Traditional color scheme for vector chart rendering
– Position/bearing/distance to cursor, scale/chart orientation as overlay on the map
– Rendering own ship to scale
– Arrival circle around next waypoint in navigated route
– Improved support for S57 chart rendering including new navaid symbols.
– Sounding decluttering and adjustable font size
– Better support for international charts and multiple other improvements.
– 0.5 degree resolution GFS grib data added to download options.
– AIS support with CPA/TCPA (Proximity) alarm
– New “red” night color scheme
– Significantly improved handling of serial ports under Windows
This release also discontinues the “PolarIS” product name in favor of simplified naming. This name change does not affect any functionality you may currently have.