June 9, 2013
- Adds ActiveCaptain support. Shows ActiveCaptain POI on a chart and in the list. Adds display of ActiveCaptain POI object information and reviews. ActiveCaptain database is downloaded to local storage, to make POI info available offline, without need of permanent Internet connection.
- Adds vector chart object information. Query navaids, depths, obstructions and other chart features.
- Adds ability to “light up” sector lights to show nominal light coverage on a chart to scale.
- Adds “touch marker” to show position of tap on a chart. In navigation mode will show bearing and distance to touch marker from the ship.
- Various bug fixes.
May 15, 2013
- Restore support for USACE inland charts
- Improved support for IENC (Inland) chart format
- Ability to save multiple routes or tracks in a single file
May 5, 2013
As of April 15, USACE stopped providing updates to S-57 chart data set. All inland updates are now provided only for the IENC 2.2 data. PolarView 1.9.7 has been released and addresses this issue. Users are advised to upgrade to most recent version of PolarView NS to restore USACE inland chart support.
Note that the new USACE chart set used different naming convention. These charts will not replace the original USACE charts that were previously installed. You should manually delete previously installed USACE charts (names beginning with “U35″) prior to downloading these charts.
March 17, 2013
- Adds live ship display on a chart for devices that have GPS receiver.
- Will show SOG/COG, range circles and recent track.
Note that this program *does not* provide GPS tracking when in background.
November 24, 2012
- Fixes and improvements to vector chart rendering
- Fix ActiveCaptain POI display
- Fixes for Actisense NMEA 2000 processing
October 16, 2012
Effective immediately, Polar Navy United Kingdom & Ireland charts are available as a digital download, using the same built in functionality that allows our users to download other charts from NOAA and ChartWorld.
No more waiting for that disk in the mail for a week. Your UK charts are now available instantly. Welcome to the 21st century
October 15, 2012
- As of this version, charts of United Kingdom & Ireland are available for download from PolarView.